Hi All! Video Recording onto which SD Card? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 11th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christoffer Brekne View Post
Canon suggests using class 6 because the general minimum requirement for class 6 is a write speed of 6mbps or over. But several class 2 cards and class 4 cards I've tested perform well beyond the 5.5mbps limit of the Canon 550d.
Exactly correct Christoffer. I used the 32GB Kingston Class 4 and only once in 10 hours of filming did it ever have a buffer problem. Obviously, once is too many times in a pro situation; but this was during an eval of the cam and these were the only cards I had at my disposal.
Aaron Courtney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 10:30 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I use Sandisk class 10 extreme 2 8gb card. As a beginer i do feel like the 8gb satisfies my needs.

Have not had any problems with it .
Gustavs Repse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rowe View Post
Try a Transcend 16gb class 10, they are available on Amazon for about £37 inc p&p. I dont think you will go far wrong.
I don't need to. I choke a bit, but pay the price for SanDisk and roll on.

I know there are a lot of folks using Transcend cards and happy with them. Probably most are fine, but I see far fewer "tales of woe" from folks using SanDisk than either Transcend or Kingston.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2010, 02:04 PM   #19
Inner Circle

I asked my photographer. He has 2 trensend CF card both die at first use. I can't take that chance.
Old November 15th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #20
New Boot

Im using a Sandisk Ultra II class 2 16gb. (always thought it was class 4) and never had problems with it. But i would stick with sandisk. almost never read something bad about sandisk and my personal experience is the same. im getting another ultra II class 4 (they dont seem to sell the class 2 anymore) 16gb now.
Xin Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #21
New Boot

EDIT

I just got the Sandisk Ultra Class 4 16GB shipped from amazing

amazingly it cant handle video - breaks down after ca 20 sec. of recording.

this really sucks.

my sandisk ultra 2 class 2 16 gb is fine with video.

does anyone know what might be the reason here for the class 4 to fail?

thanks
Xin Jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2010, 02:54 PM   #22
Inner Circle

This card media business is really kind of interesting. For my video, I use 4 $20 8 gig PNY Optima SDHC bought at Best Buy for my T2i. From my Canon 5D Mark II, I use some pretty inexpensive Kingston Elite Pro 8 and 16 gig CF cards. Most users would probably not consider either of these.

Personally, I have concluded that the recommendation for the higher speed cards for the camera is centered around the high pixel count multiple exposure still needs, more than video issues. Since I never use those features, it really is something I am not concerned about.

Another thing that is clear is that there seems to be more problems with any cards with higher storage capacity. That is why I have stuck with 4's, 8's and 16"s.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD