Ikan V8000HD monitor at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old July 18th, 2010, 06:13 AM   #1
Major Player

Ikan V8000HD monitor

This is probably a very newbtastic question.

I have an Ikan V8000HD monitor. It takes component input, and I have adapters to for them to take BNC input.

I should be able to get an adapter or converter to change the 7D's HDMI output to BNC or Component, right?
Dennis Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #2
Major Player

You will need a converter box, since HDMI is digital and component is analog. Good luck finding one, as they are expensive and usually need to be powered.
Edward Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I have a V8000HD I use to monitor my HVX200, and researched this question when I picked up a Canon T2i, which also has HDMI out. My conclusion was that they were really too expensive to be a viable option, as Edward Carlson's post suggests.

BTW, BNC is a type of connector not an input type. Whether or not you are using the BNC adapters, the input is component.

Kevin
Kevin Wolff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 01:25 PM   #4
New Boot

I also have the IKAN and found a gizmo that will work without any power. It's called HD Fury 2 and its about $150US. You feed it HDMI signal and out comes YUV. It was originally made for video projectors with analog RGB input. You can get it at hdtvsupply or curtpalme.com. I think they have a new one with more bells and whistles. And, and this is BIG AND, you don't need power since it must take power through hdmi from 7D ( don't ask me how ).

I originally wanted to use my IKAN as directors monitor since I also have 7 inch HDMI Marshall and I figured with dumb hdmi splitter I could also send the signal to video village on the cheap. So I started googling for hdmi splitters and YUV adapters. I got the parts and it works... sort of. I can run IKAN ( through this adapter ) or Marshall from 7D in 1080 no problems but when I run them together the signal sometimes breaks and I either get a green channel only or my IKAN ( running YUV ) cuts in and out.

I think 7D hdmi processor isn't strong enough to run 2 sources. Also when I hit menu on 7D the signal breaks and I have to power everything down unplug every cable then power on, plug my on-camera Marshall, power it, and start pluging my cables to IKAN in sequence. But when it works I have 2 monitors running full HD. I may try shorter hdmi cables like 12" or 8" if I can find them because I have a suspicion that its the length of hdmi cable that is causing problems. Once in YUV I can run 25ft snake and still get a HD signal on IKAN when everything works. As always necessity, mother of invention... hope this helps.
Chris Beeger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD