Steadicam Jr & T2i at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old July 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM   #1
Tourist

Steadicam Jr & T2i

Hello all. I was wondering if anybody has been successful of balancing the T2i on JR? It seems that I got balanced pretty good, but when I start walking it does that dreaded pendulum swing. I do not have the instruction VHS, so I don't know if it's me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tina Kleuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina Kleuker View Post
Hello all. I was wondering if anybody has been successful of balancing the T2i on JR? It seems that I got balanced pretty good, but when I start walking it does that dreaded pendulum swing. I do not have the instruction VHS, so I don't know if it's me. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
If the JR starts to swing as soon as soon as you move it sounds like the rig is too bottom heavy.

You can fine tune this by adjusting the Z axis...[carefully counter clockwise the guide/gimbal a couple turns]
John C. Chu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM   #3
Trustee

I've used one with the 7D and it worked great.
Old July 19th, 2010, 04:15 PM   #4
Tourist

Thanks John and Paul for your responses.

I have been fiddling with it a lot. I seem to have the camera set in the correct position with the gibal because you can feel it balance so to speak. It seems more balanced when I'm in a sitting position, and It just seems that it swings too much when I stand and move around -- that's why I think it's something I'm doing wrong when I am moving. John, I will try playing around more with the z-axis!

Paul, I think the 7D works better because it's heavier! It stinks that I don't have the visual instruction, but I can't find it on a DVD since I don't have a VHS player anymore.

Cheers!

Tina
Tina Kleuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #5
Major Player

Definitely find the video if you can or check out the Tiffen Steadicam website.

If the Rebel is too light, you can add some weight by incorporating a quick release plate.

Make sure you have the right stop block installed on the JR for your camera.

The stop block determine how far the upper and the lower spar is open[affecting the top and bottom heaviness]

You have to get the unit into the ball park before you can start fine tuning with the Z axis adjustment.

That would mean adding or removing weights from the battery compartment.
John C. Chu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD