Burning a DVD from HD Video...PLEASE HELP!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old July 24th, 2010, 08:46 PM   #1
New Boot

Burning a DVD from HD Video...PLEASE HELP!!!

Hey all, I need a DVD burning for dummies forum. I video taped several family videos with my T2i and now I am trying to burn them onto a dvd. I have windows media player and haven't had any luck. I keep getting a decoding error. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it! I know I might need to purchase a software program, but if I didn't that would be a bonus. Thanks for your help!!
Charles Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 10:37 AM   #2
New Boot

anyone?

Can anyone help me? thanks
Old July 25th, 2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Download the free program mpeg_streamclip so you can open and do some simple editing with the .mov files. Its two step process:
1. open the clip(s) in mpeg_streamclip and edit them and export .mpg file at a bit rate of 5000kbps (DVD specs has a max of about 8000kbps) and 720x480 res 16:9 aspect ratio.
2. author the .mpg file onto DVD using appropriate software. (there are numerous of them, you can search the web for freebies).
You won't get the HD though with DVD disk. Unless you author the content onto Bluray form.
Lee Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:43 PM   #4
New Boot

help

thanks for your help! Can you give me some ideas on software? I don't have a clue where to look. And is it worth it to try to burn to blue ray disks? Thanks for your help!
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Take a look at ULEAD software.

Inexpensive and will allow you to do edits and burn to disk.
Alan Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Charles, you can research and google on the web for authoring guides. To make BD disk that will play consistently in all BD players out there you need to have some professional software and hardware to do it. If you have never even done a DVD authoring, it will be a daunting task. First of all, you need to make sure all of your friends whom you give the disks to, have BD players and will appreciate HD movie on BD. Otherwise, all this trouble on your part is worth nothing. Secondly, get a fast computer with a BD burner and a few rewriteable BD disks to experiment.
Ulead is a good start, it will let you author DVD and BD onto a regular DVD. However, the bit rate of MOV file from T2i is too high for red laser DVD BD specs. You will have to cut the rate in half to put the HD video on red laser DVD so that it won't stutter in a BD player. But the biggest challenge is that red laser BD disks usally won't play consistly in all BD players. IMO, it a big hit or miss with red laser BD.
Lee Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:04 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Roxio

For WIndows I would consider going this route.

Roxio Creator 2010 Pro - Blu Ray DVD Authoring - Photo & Audio Tools

I run on a Mac and have an external USB Blu Ray burner. I use mostly just Apple software (Final Cut Studio) and can create and burn HD discs both AVCHD and Blu Ray, it works great and looks great.

CM
Clayton Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2010, 06:40 PM   #8
New Boot

little more help

So I downloaded the 30 day demo of Corel Videostudio Express. It recognized my videos, but when I went to play them they were very broken up and would not play smoothly. I looked around for any settings but couldn't find any. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? I hate to post such a simplistic question...but I am clueless in this area. Thanks everyone!
Old July 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Charles

Post your question here:

Corel User to User Web Board • View forum - VideoStudio

CM
Clayton Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD