Camcaddie and the Canon 7D at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old July 24th, 2010, 10:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Camcaddie and the Canon 7D

Hey you guys, anyone ever have any experience with this product at all? Welcome to The Original CamCaddie universal Steadicam Steady Cam Camera Mount I heard it from a good friend and wanted to know your opinion? Thanks again.
Kristian Roque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 02:39 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Man, bummer, I was hoping someone at least heard of this company. I might just be their first review of here, if I end up purchasing one :-)
Old July 28th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #3
Major Player

looks perfect for filming skateboarding and snowboarding with

even better if you could directly mount it to a tripod
Chris Westerstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #4
Trustee

It's just a handle, so I don't think you can go wrong, but they are calling it a steadicam, which it's not. Looks good for low level shots however, but it is just a handle.
Old July 28th, 2010, 10:18 AM   #5
Major Player

I want a sturdy, low cost, low shot option so I went this route instead. Should be here soon.

Emulsion Apparel — Swandles ©

All metal construction and it doesn't block the shoe. I'm going to put my 7" monitor on a mini ballhead and mount it to the shoe. I'm going to add a mic mount, probably to the front of the handle, but I can't say for sure where it'll work until I have it in front of me.
Chris Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #6
Contributor

Think about how you'll balance it if you are planning on moving.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #7
Regular Crew

The movements with the Camcaddie do not look smooth; however,it looks good for supporting the mic and video light.
Old July 29th, 2010, 03:51 AM   #8
Inner Circle

All these manufacturers producing equipment for DSLR video shooters remind me of those vast selection of lures that you find in fishing tackle shops. The lures are likely far better at luring the fisherman to part with his cash than catching a fish. At least this particular lure only costs $100 versus the thousands of dollars that some manufacturers charge for their contraptions.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 07:40 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I agree....give me a good monopod for support and a strong pair of reading glasses for focus assist and I'm good to go. The whole kit cost me an extra $15 for the reading glasses. Already had the monopod. :-)
Philip Hinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #10
Contributor

Reading glasses are fine, but you go outside in bright sunlight, you need an LCD viewer.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Have already shot a few sections or projects outside. While an LCD viewer would have been nice the footage still turned out great. The reading glasses still magnify things for easier focusing just like indoors. For seeing the screen and exposure it was no worse to me than working with my Canon A1s outdoors at the same time.
Philip Hinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2010, 10:43 AM   #12
Regular Crew

hey you guys thanks, Yea I was looking at the "steadycam' marketing they are doing. I am REALLY on a budget and spending and just trying to find a good low cost steadicam of any sort. Do you guys recommend anything?
Old July 29th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #13
Contributor

That Varizoom Flopod is the cheapest thing I've seen:
VariZoom FlowPod Camera Stabilizers & Supports, monitors, Zoom controls, Camera Stabilizers & Supports, Batteries, Monitor Kits Phone:512-219-7722

It's not going to be as good as something like the Steadicam Merlin, but people say it does work, and it is cheaper than most Steadicam type devices. Any of them, however, require practice before you can expect good results.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD