Final Cut Pro workflow suggestions? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 31st, 2010, 02:23 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Braeley View Post
An important tip:

Many are stating that you cannot use FCP Log and transfer window for 7D files once the files are taken off the card or camera, ie, the .mov's only. There is a simple workaround - place your downloaded 7D files in a new folder titled DCIM. In L & T just navigate to the DCIM folder and FCP will see and pull in all your 7D files.

This method is far superior to streamclip. FCP allows you to make in-out points and add logging info and even timecode .... plus its very very fast.
I thought that the FCP L&T plugin required the .THM thumbnail files too. At least it must need the timestamp in the EXIF data in that file to produce fake timecode.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer Landa View Post
Just a quick question here: do anyone know the difference between the two ProRes' in MPEG Streamclip -- they both say 'Apple ProRes 422' and are listed next to each other.

-- peer
Correct me if I'm wrong but, believe this is what they are:

The one on the top is:
Apple ProRes 422 Big Endian (HQ) Best Quality, Huge Files

The one on the bottom is:
Apple ProRes 422 Big Endian(SQ) Medium Quality, 1/2 the file size.

And if you have the latest version of FCP I believe their is:
Apple ProRes 422 Little Endian(LT) Lowest Quality (still good enough for most projects), Smallest file size.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD