Experience with Gildecam Pro and other gear recommendations! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old September 10th, 2010, 03:45 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Experience with Gildecam Pro and other gear recommendations!

I have been researching to get the t2i and all the gears needed to shot video. The forums here have been very helpful especially this one:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...ories-t2i.html

My question:
Has anyone used the Gildecam Pro 2000 (or 4000) with a t2i/550d or 7D? What's your experience with it?

If you have any other suggestions on gears (lens, audio, rig, etc.), I will be happy to take your recommendations.

Thanks,
Aaron
Aaron Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Aaron,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Leung View Post
I have been researching to get the t2i and all the gear needed to shoot video. The forums here have been very helpful especially this one:
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eo...ories-t2i.html

My question:
Has anyone used the Gildecam Pro 2000 (or 4000) with a t2i/550d or 7D? What's your experience with it?
The glidecam 2000 works great with the T2i. I just turned the stage sideways. If anything the rig is too light - there isn't enough inertial weight to give the shots that heavy, slow look.

Quote:
If you have any other suggestions on gears (lens, audio, rig, etc.), I will be happy to take your recommendations.

I prefer a very simple set up - a battery grip, a fast lens, an LCDVF and a shotgun mic. For support I have an indislider mini, a bogen 560B monopod and the glidecam 2000 pro.

Thanks,
Aaron[/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails
Experience with Gildecam Pro and other gear recommendations!-screencap1.jpg  
Old September 11th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Joel,

Thanks for the info. Which version of indiSLIDERmini (basic, w/ legs, deluxe) did you get? How'd you like it? That's one of the items that's on my "To Get" list.

-Aaron
Old September 13th, 2010, 04:12 AM   #4
Tourist

my experience

Hi,this is my exprerience:the 3 first weddings that i did with canon t2i and glidecam hd-2000.Sorry for my english.

pass-prueba
Victor Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #5
Major Player

Very nice! You do a great job keeping your horizon level - and no bobbing. Great direction control too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Rodriguez View Post
Hi,this is my exprerience:the 3 first weddings that i did with canon t2i and glidecam hd-2000.Sorry for my english.

This is a password protected video on Vimeo

pass-prueba
Old September 13th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Aaron,

Quote:
Hi Joel,
Thanks for the info. Which version of indiSLIDERmini (basic, w/ legs, deluxe) did you get? How'd you like it? That's one of the items that's on my "To Get" list.
-Aaron
I got the cheapest version - no legs or head - but I've modified it. I got rid of the hockey puck connection and added a way to balance the camera fore and aft. Its an attachment actually made for macro photography. I've found that the movement is only smooth if the center of gravity of the camera is directly over the slide bar. If its leaning forward or backward there may be stutters. Its very smooth when its balanced.

This was Saturdays sde with the t21 and Glidecam/indislider mini:

~ SHIRLEE AND JOHN | THE WEDDING ~
Attached Thumbnails
Experience with Gildecam Pro and other gear recommendations!-screencap1.jpg  
Old September 13th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #7
Tourist

thanx!!

thanx Joel.My last works are much better than these.Step by step i do better the movement.
Victor Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2010, 09:59 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Peregrine View Post
Hi Aaron,

I got the cheapest version - no legs or head - but I've modified it. I got rid of the hockey puck connection and added a way to balance the camera fore and aft. Its an attachment actually made for macro photography. I've found that the movement is only smooth if the center of gravity of the camera is directly over the slide bar. If its leaning forward or backward there may be stutters. Its very smooth when its balanced.

This was Saturdays sde with the t21 and Glidecam/indislider mini:

~ SHIRLEE AND JOHN | THE WEDDING ~
Hi Joel,
Big thanks for your info. The footage looks amazing.
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #9
Major Player

Hi Aaron,

Quote:
Hi Joel,
Big thanks for your info. The footage looks amazing.
Thanks! Also - just a note and I'm not sure if this is allowed, but the following is a link to the For Sale on Ebay board at DVINFO - its an assortment of fast lenses and most have an adapter for Canon DSLR's included:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/f-ebay/4...ar-pentax.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD