overheat with Intervalometer ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 10th, 2010, 08:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

overheat with Intervalometer ?

Do these cams over heat shooting time lapse with an Intervalometer?
Say a 1 1/2 hour setup maybe.
Aloha,
Wayne
Old October 11th, 2010, 05:41 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Not in my limited experience, but I guess it could depend on what you were doing.
Jon Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 07:35 AM   #3
Major Player

Can anyone make a recommendation on an intervalometer?
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Search eBay for "550d timer remote" there are loads of good ones for under £20
Jon Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2010, 07:53 AM   #5
Major Player

I've done quite a bit with a 50D and have not had any over heating.

I use the Canon TC-80N3 - Works Great.
Old October 12th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #6
Regular Crew

T2i

Anyone overheating with T2i and Intervalometer?
Aloha,
wz
Old October 14th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Overheat problems seem to only crop up while shooting video.
I'd be tempted to turn off the LCD and image preview as well as shield the entire camera from the sun.
Old October 14th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks Rusty,
I see from another thread you've picked up an intervalometer battery grip combo.
nice.
wz
Old October 17th, 2010, 11:55 AM   #9
Regular Crew

I used an intervalometer on my T2i for the trailer I just posted here in the forum. It worked great, no overheating issues.

If you are having problems with overheating, it might be your LCD screen if you're using live view. Try going into the menu settings and turning off "Image Review."

You can find those intervalometers on E-bay now for about $20 new, that's how I got mine, and it's solid and works like a charm.
Torrey Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #10
Major Player

Can you post the brand and Model number of the one you got on ebay. Or post a link. Thanks.
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Sure thing, Ron. I wasn't sure about posting links - didn't want it to be misconstrued as marketing for anyone. I actually bought the intervalometer through this website:

LCD Timer Remote for Canon EOS 550D 500D 450D 400D | LCD Timer Remote | Remote Controls | Camera Accessories | Photography | LinkDelight Limited

They have a solid and reputable E-bay outlet as well, if you prefer to buy through them there:

LCD Timer Remote Cord for Canon EOS 550D/Rebel T2i R8A9 - eBay (item 330449028978 end time Nov-02-10 23:06:02 PDT)

I've bought both the battery grip and intervalometer for my T2i through these guys, and I was anxious at first but they delivered. Great customer service (first order got delayed and they took care of it right away), and quality products.

Hope that helps!
Torrey Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #12
Major Player

Wow the battery prices are unbelievable. 7d batteries for 15.99. Did you buy batteries from them and if so how are they holding up?
Old November 1st, 2010, 01:48 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Hi Ron, sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this. I can't vouch for the LinkDelight batteries but I think they're getting them from the same source as all the other knockoff batteries. I have two 3rd party batteries for my T2i - one generic LP-E8 that I got off Ebay (lp-e8 items - Get great deals on Cameras Photo, Cell Phones PDAs items on eBay.com!) and a Power2000 LP-E8 (Power2000 LP-E8 Battery for CANON EOS Rebel T2i 1500mAh - eBay (item 330479402956 end time Nov-29-10 23:25:39 PST)).

Both of these batteries have worked great for me with no problems. When I first got them I was a little concerned about the quality and a battery exploding in my camera - still am as an exploded battery is excluded from the Canon factory warranty - so I only use batteries in the battery/camera grip I got from that website.

Haven't had any problems at all with the intervalometer or the battery grip. They work great. The Danger Zone trailer I posted a week or so ago has a time lapse that used that intervalometer. I set it to take one picture every 5-seconds and used a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens at 17mm with a 1"6 exposure time. The timelapse kicks in at at 0:46.
Torrey Meeks is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD