DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/)
-   -   Question for 60D owners (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-crop-sensor-hd/486153-question-60d-owners.html)

Sam Kanter October 14th, 2010 07:04 PM

Question for 60D owners

Can one see the manual audio levels overlayed on LCD while shooting? I couldn't get this to work at B&H.

Also, can one see the horizontal level while shooting?

I would like to hear about people's experience in general - pro's and con's of your new camera thus far, as I plan to buy a 60D soon.

Thanks in advance...

Rich Ryan October 14th, 2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kanter (Post 1578843)
Can one see the manual audio levels overlayed on LCD while shooting? I couldn't get this to work at B&H.

No. The level meter is only visible in the Sound menu. It is not available while recording, nor can you adjust the audio level during record.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kanter (Post 1578843)

No again. It's available before hitting the record button, but not after. It's really too bad since it would be nice to see when not locked down on a tripod.

Overall I have been pretty happy with the 60D. I have not recorded anything of substance yet - only test clips, but its pretty much as I expected. From a recording standpoint its pretty equivalent to a 7D with the addition of an articulated screen and the additional audio support. No surprises. No overheating (yet). Good feel to it (in spite of the angst over the plastic body it feels pretty good to me).

Sam Kanter October 14th, 2010 11:04 PM

>>Originally Posted by Sam Kanter View Post
No. The level meter is only visible in the Sound menu. It is not available while recording, nor can you adjust the audio level during record.

Shame!

>>Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kanter View Post
No again. It's available before hitting the record button, but not after. It's really too bad since it would be nice to see when not locked down on a tripod.

Certainly would help when hand holding.

>>Overall I have been pretty happy with the 60D. I have not recorded anything of substance yet - only test clips, but its pretty much as I expected. From a recording standpoint its pretty equivalent to a 7D with the addition of an articulated screen and the additional audio support. No surprises. No overheating (yet). Good feel to it (in spite of the angst over the plastic body it feels pretty good to me).

I liked the feel when i tried it at B&H. And, the articulating screen is crucial. Nice upgrade to my T2i without breaking the bank - don't need the still features of the 7D, and don't want a heavier, bigger body.

Guillermo Ibanez October 15th, 2010 04:30 AM

for video, get a 60D all the way. Same image quality than 7D with the nice touch of flip screen (great!) and no auto-sound. For pics, i still use the 7D