Question for 60D owners at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old October 14th, 2010, 07:04 PM   #1
Major Player

Question for 60D owners

Can one see the manual audio levels overlayed on LCD while shooting? I couldn't get this to work at B&H.

Also, can one see the horizontal level while shooting?

I would like to hear about people's experience in general - pro's and con's of your new camera thus far, as I plan to buy a 60D soon.

Thanks in advance...
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kanter View Post
Can one see the manual audio levels overlayed on LCD while shooting? I couldn't get this to work at B&H.
No. The level meter is only visible in the Sound menu. It is not available while recording, nor can you adjust the audio level during record.

Quote:
No again. It's available before hitting the record button, but not after. It's really too bad since it would be nice to see when not locked down on a tripod.

Overall I have been pretty happy with the 60D. I have not recorded anything of substance yet - only test clips, but its pretty much as I expected. From a recording standpoint its pretty equivalent to a 7D with the addition of an articulated screen and the additional audio support. No surprises. No overheating (yet). Good feel to it (in spite of the angst over the plastic body it feels pretty good to me).
Rich Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:04 PM   #3
Major Player

>>Originally Posted by Sam Kanter View Post
No. The level meter is only visible in the Sound menu. It is not available while recording, nor can you adjust the audio level during record.

Shame!

>>Quote:
No again. It's available before hitting the record button, but not after. It's really too bad since it would be nice to see when not locked down on a tripod.

Certainly would help when hand holding.

>>Overall I have been pretty happy with the 60D. I have not recorded anything of substance yet - only test clips, but its pretty much as I expected. From a recording standpoint its pretty equivalent to a 7D with the addition of an articulated screen and the additional audio support. No surprises. No overheating (yet). Good feel to it (in spite of the angst over the plastic body it feels pretty good to me).

I liked the feel when i tried it at B&H. And, the articulating screen is crucial. Nice upgrade to my T2i without breaking the bank - don't need the still features of the 7D, and don't want a heavier, bigger body.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2010, 04:30 AM   #4
Regular Crew

for video, get a 60D all the way. Same image quality than 7D with the nice touch of flip screen (great!) and no auto-sound. For pics, i still use the 7D
Guillermo Ibanez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD