Canon T2i with Aja Ki-Pro at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old November 10th, 2010, 08:47 PM   #1
New Boot

Canon T2i with Aja Ki-Pro

Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum and I'm here to ask a quick question.

Has anyone tried the combination of a T2i with a Ki-Pro? if so how does it compare towards other HD-DSLRs (5D Mark II more specifically)? or Higher end Camcorders (Red, Sony ex3, etc.) WHat are the benefits of this combination?

Thank You in advanced.
Jesus Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:10 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I think others have tried this - if you an live with the little focus square and a red dot in your footage, it's great...
Michael Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2010, 02:57 PM   #3
Regular Crew

No DSLRs can output the proper full HD for off camera recording, when not recording the T2i outputs a 1080i signal but the image is cropped with black bars and resolution is lower than 1080, when the camera is recording it can only output 480p with a cropped image so it is less than standard def. Same thing for the 5dmII, the 7d does output 1080i while recording but again it is a lower resolution cropped image.
The only way to get proper full HD recording with SLRs is the built-in H264 recording.
Nevin Styre is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD