Finally made the jump to a DSLR!! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 29th, 2010, 12:21 AM   #16
Major Player

Hi Geoffrey,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Chandler View Post
Can you tell me when you are hand-holding; when you are using the mono-pod, and when you use a glidecam stabilizer?
Pre-ceremony prep: all on mono-pod (with fluid head I presume)?
Yes - with some slider.
Quote:
Ceremony: all tripod I would think?
Yes-except during the processional. I'm on the monopod then.
Quote:
Reception: What do you use for a steady picture when you use the 85mm f/1.4?
I'm on a tripod during the toasts and dances with those.
Quote:
Do you hand-hold when shooting with a really wide angle lens at the reception?
I use the steadicam vest and arm made for the merlin but prefer the glidecam on it.
Quote:
Are you using a monopod like the Manfrotto 561BHDV-1?
Yes - but its the older version.
Quote:
Thank you very much
No problem!
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Moses View Post
Hi Greg, thanks so much for that response. What 17-55mm IS
Yo Steve-O... the Canon 17-55 IS USM is one of a kind. Right now there is no similar lens that works as well. The Tamron and Sigma both have very short focus throws making focus a much bigger challenge than on the Canon. The canon also has full time manual meaning in a pinch you can hit the shutter half down and the lens will auto focus. Not ideal but has been useful on occasion.
Scott Shama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2010, 02:37 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Fiske View Post
Don't bother with the superflat camera profiles, that's more for if your going to get creative with your grading, and makes footage look bad, IMO.
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. While we don't use a totally flat profile like many of the evangelist suggest, we do turn down contrast and saturation to pretty flat and turn down sharpening a click or 2 to take the edge off the aliasing and moire. I would much rather have control over the contrast of my image in post than have it baked in. Example having dark circles under a brides eyes due to harsh mid day sun can at least somewhat be corrected for when your image is recorded flat but certainly not with the cameras standard ultra high contrast settings. Considering that these cameras have no zebras exposure is somewhat of a crap shoot anyway compared to using a video camera. Just my 2 cents.
Scott Shama is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD