Canon T2i Video Quality at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old January 27th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #1
New Boot

Canon T2i Video Quality

Hi everyone, I've been using the t2i for awhile now, and I've noticed other peoples video on youtube that have much better quality.. My video looks really really good in final cut pro 7, but when i export it, I gets real bad, or not as good as it should.. if any one could help me out that's be awesome, maybe tell me the best way to export my video? I'll give you guys an example to one of my videos below.. Thanks again, Joseph..

YouTube - "Journey" by A's Music Video
Joseph Renteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:18 AM   #2
Major Player

Looks fine to me, can you be more specific on the problems you see
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I agree at all with Colin,
for me the video quality is very good,onle the moire' in the stating that is typical on the DSLR camera.
Could you please tell us where u think the video is bad?
Wich lens did u use for this video?
Thanks a lot
Gianni
Gianni Paolella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

And if you like a third opinion, I agree with both Colin and Gianni. That video was great quality. I honestly didn't see anything wrong with it other than the fore mentioned moire.
Russ Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Russ,
did you put ML in your T2i due that I saw that you wrote also in that thread?
Wich version and how it work?Have you gort problem with it or nothing?
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Hey Gianni, I did load it in the camera and have been using it. It was the build before the one that was posted on 1/26/11 (I don't have my camera with me right now to check on the version). Anyhow, it's a VERY handy tool, that's for sure. There is a slight flicker on the menu when it's running which can be concerning, but it really hasn't done anything that seems to be causing problems. The Zebra, Histogram, and the ability to change ISO to more than what the camera offered have been a TREMENDOUS improvement. I can't speak for the audio stuff, because I don't use the audio on the camera. I've been happy with it thus far.
Old January 28th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #7
Regular Crew

I wrote you also a private mail.......can you give me the link where u download it due that I found many version and I don't know wich one is good?
Thanks
Old January 28th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #8
Regular Crew

This is the latest build from Alex. I have not updated mine yet, but this is supposed to be even better than mine: Very long exposures in Bulb mode - Magic Lantern firmware development | Google Groups

Keep in mind that you have to install the EOS utility and make your card "bootable" in order for this to work. I went to this link to watch the instructions on how to do it: EOS Rebel T2i / 550D Magic Lantern Firmware (scroll down to "response 12" on the first page and read Ryan's install instructions)
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #9
New Boot

I'm just noticing a quality decrease from when I export from final cut pro to my desktop.. Yeah the video looks good as you guys can see, but it looks even better when I'm editing on final cut.. So, just tryin' to see if you guys have any tips on exporting
Old January 30th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #10
New Boot

Gianni, I used the canon 18-55mm, the canon 50mm 1.8, and the canon 70-300mm lenses in this video.
Old February 1st, 2011, 11:27 AM   #11
Major Player

It's most probably the compression when you export from final cut to the output format that your noticing.
Matt Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD