which lens 70-200mm f/2.8L IS the old or the new ? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 18th, 2011, 08:11 AM   #16
Major Player

Re: which lens 70-200mm f/2.8L IS the old or the new ?

my philosophy is usually to buy a bigger backpack: you can always put less in a bigger backpack, but you can never put more in a smaller one...
(ie: you can turn off IS when not needed, but if it ain't there, you can't turn it on...)
isn't anyone shooting stills???? hmmm...
Brian David Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #17
Major Player

Re: which lens 70-200mm f/2.8L IS the old or the new ?

Brian, I like your philosophy, that is a great way to put things in perspective.
I did end up biting the bullet and bought the new Canon 70-200 IS, no regret at all, it is an investment that will stay with me for a long time, I did a few tests photo and video and the result is unbelievable.

I did some handheld video shooting with 70-200 IS just for fun and the IS feature made me look like a human tripod, I also did it without IS and the result is definitely not usable.
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD