Magic Lantern for 60D! - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old July 27th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #46
Inner Circle

Re: Magic Lantern for 60D!

On the 5D2, there is an analog, TRRS, A/V output.

Rather than "headphone output", I should have written "audio or A/V output." Without that, the firmware would have nothing to enable!
Old July 28th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Just the other day (before having any knowledge of ML) I updated my 60D to firmware 1.1.0 from 1.0.5.
Is anyone running ML on a 60D with 1.1.0?
Are there downgrade options to 1.0.9 or does ML work on 1.1.0?
Jordan Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 01:37 AM   #48
Major Player

Latest version is for 1,09. You would have to downgrade, but check before doing it - I have never tried this and don't know what possible issues are.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #49
Regular Crew

My 60D has firmware 1.0.5 and I want to use ML, but only firmware 1.1.0 is available on Canon's web site.

Where can I get firmware 1.0.9 to make ML work ?
Peter Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2011, 11:31 PM   #50
Major Player

Don't know where to DL 1.09.

Ask here:

Magic Lantern User Group on Vimeo
Old July 29th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #51
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Hooper View Post
Are there downgrade options to 1.0.9 or does ML work on 1.1.0?
I've downgraded before it's identical to upgrading you just use the older firmware instead of newer version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Burke View Post
Where can I get firmware 1.0.9 to make ML work ?
Peter if you can't find it on the net send me an email & I'll send you a copy of 1.0.9 or wait a while ML should be compatible with 1.1.0 soon enough.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #52
Major Player

Frustratingly hard for all of us non-Japanese speakers, but I managed to find it on the Japanese Canon site :

http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/dc/eos60d-v109-win.html
http://cweb.canon.jp/drv-upd/dc/eos60d-v109-mac.html

I hope there's no difference between firmwares posted on Japanese site and USA/European sites...

cheers,
Jon
Jon Shohet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 05:09 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas de Kock View Post
Peter if you can't find it on the net send me an email & I'll send you a copy of 1.0.9 or wait a while ML should be compatible with 1.1.0 soon enough.
Thanks Nicholas for the fir 1.0.9 - now installed and working.

I will try ML shortly.
Peter Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:37 PM   #54
Regular Crew

ML has been updated to run with 1.1.0 on 60D!

Andy has it listed in the section "Experiments" but it's running on my 60D fw1.1.0 and although it seems to be working I'm new to ML so I have a lot of learning to do with it, starting by understanding all the menu functions.

I've read the manual through once and it seems pretty straight forward (if you understood all the Canon menu functions).

Here's the link to ML download listed under "Experiments."
Unified - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki
Jordan Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #55
New Boot

[QUOTE=Sam Kanter;1636102]60D owners who want this amazing software for their cameras - make a small contribution, Alex the developer will be able to buy one. He's half-way there already!

Sam, thank you for posting this. not only this is invaluable post but the ML hack is a fantastic idea.
Looks like the beta version is out for 60D and other cameras, I will try it as soon as I get my camera recovered after an accident... cant wait to try it. This hack also made me consider upgrading to 5D; now that it has more features for taking video :) no disrespect to an amazing camera.

I will be definitely donating to this project, regardless if they need new camera or not. We all should reward this guy for keeping up his amazing work.
Viktor Bludov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #56
Major Player

The 1.09 release for 60D is incredible and seems totally stable. One great feature is a built-in user guide. When on menu item, push "info" button and it goes to that section of the manual, right on your LCD screen - brilliant, and much needed due to the abundance of features ML offers.
Old August 14th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #57
Major Player

I finally got around to installing ML (1.0.9 version).
I was performing on Thursday, and wanted to document the performance, meaning I needed the ablity to leave the camera unattended. with ML's movie restart feature and a 32GB card I was able to leave the camera running for close to 2 hours.

As far as stability - I "succeded" in freezing the camera 4 times in the 2-3 days since installing ML. With that said, all freezes occured while I was poking around in the original Canon menus. None of them happened while changing basic camera settings or ML menus

Last edited by Jon Shohet; August 14th, 2011 at 03:23 AM.
Jon Shohet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:10 AM   #58
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Shohet View Post
Frustratingly hard for all of us non-Japanese speakers, but I managed to find it on the Japanese Canon site :
I hope there's no difference between firmwares posted on Japanese site and USA/European sites...
Jon
If you don't want to meddle in Kanji and Kana I think you could try the Australian site for a change:
Canon
They usually have on line the last and the previous versions of any driver/firmware they offer and, from past experiences, I've found they normally beat the US site by at least 2-5 days in new releases. I, for one, like much more the Aussies web page layout and navigation experience in general.
Hope this helps.
Hector Landaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:40 AM   #59
New Boot

1.1.0 works perfectly so far

By the way, I wanted to comment that I had being using my 60D with the new 1.1.0 firmware for 2 weeks aprox. (without ML, of course) when I was aware of the ML port being given the alpha rating. I read the latest posts in the google groups and the "unified" instructions in wikia page like two days after I had installed ML from Alex's beta 1.1.0 port so, a little spooked by the dire warnings, I downgraded the firmware and installed the ML alpha (1.0.9) port just to find that it works exactly the same. After a day of tests I re-upgraded both firmware and ML to 1.1.0. It works perfectly and without a glitch that couldn't be blamed on my inexperience with the software. I'm still learning and trying out new stuff (this thing is multi-layered and deep!). If you're an instructions reader before use kind of person you're not gaining any advantage from the learn by use guy because of the excellent on-line tutorials that are just a "info" button push away.
So far 1.1.0 is as stable as the 1.0.9 and haven't noticed any differences.
Hector Landaeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 05:43 AM   #60
Major Player

Thanks Hector :)
The 1.0.9 firmware from the Japanese site, (to which I posted the link above) works fine for me with ML.
But it's good to know about the Australian site for future reference.
Jon Shohet is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD