Canon 70-200mm 2.8---IS or No IS? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 20th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #16
Obstreperous Rex

Re: Canon 70-200mm 2.8---IS or No IS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David St. Juskow View Post
both 2.8 lenses are IS lenses. the question isn't IS or NO IS, it's which of the two flavors of IS you're willing to go with- is I or is II.
Sorry but that's not true. There are not two but *three* variants of the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L and you can get it without IS if you want.

The newest and latest model has the version II image stabilizer.

Then there are the two older models, one with the version I image stabilizer and one without.

Here's a link to the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L without IS:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/91680-USA/Canon_2569A004_70_200mm_f_2_8L_USM_Autofocus.html

It is of course considerably less expensive than the other two IS-equipped models.

Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2011, 08:44 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Re: Canon 70-200mm 2.8---IS or No IS?

That's true- I had basically forgotten that non IS version because I haven't seen it around anywhere for a long time, though ironically, I shot with a 5D package someone rented yesterday, and there in the kit was the non IS lens. Zoomed in all the way on a tripod, it was okay- definitely a little jittery but only slightly. I wish I had had time to try and shoot handheld with it, but we were on such a tight schedule, I never did. But from the little I was able to play with, it's definitely too shaky for handheld use.
David St. Juskow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD