60D battery life at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 13th, 2011, 09:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

60D battery life

Hi all,

I'm a new 60D owner and I'm doing a days shooting at a work event next week. Can anyone give an estimate of how many batteries are required? I will be a second shooter getting documentary style shots from a conference and I'll guess we'll be coming away with a good two hours worth of recorded footage each.

Cheers

Matt
Matt Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: 60D battery life

Seeing that the footage is spread out over a day you should be able to get away with 2 batteries. Just bring your charger and start with both batteries charged up the night before (it's best not to leave your batteries with a full charge for an extended period). When the first one goes down put it on the charger right after it cools for 5min. Just keep swapping them and you should be fine with 2. If you're nervous you could buy a third, but I wouldn't worry about it unless you were continuously shooting. You can help extend battery life by not leaving it in standby video mode when not shooting. Good luck with the shoot!
Jordan Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #3
Trustee

here is your answer Matt:

Battery Grip for Canon BG-E9 EOS 60D X0D+2 LP-E6+C1 B2N | eBay
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:46 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the replies, I'll have 3 batteries with me and I'll chuck the charger in the bag to, just in case. I did consider the battery grip, but will not be able to get one in time for this event.

Cheers

Matt
Matt Harvey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD