60D LCD Viewfinder at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #1
Regular Crew

60D LCD Viewfinder

Hey any recommendation for my 60d, I am getting difficult to focus on
my 60d..Thanks
Franklin Bencosme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The L-Finder

The only loupe for the 60D that it not too heavy or requires a bracket.

The L-Finder FrugalFilmmakers.com
Alan Halfhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2011, 11:49 PM   #3
Trustee

Re: 60D LCD Viewfinder

I use the Hoodman Cinema Pro Kit. Attaches to the camera hotshoe mount in seconds and once adjusted for proper fit sits right over the LCD folded in with the screen side out.

Kit includes the loupe, 3x eyepiece, and mounting crane. I avoided this approach for about 5 months because it looked "klunky" to me but once I started using it first on the T2i, then the 7D I was amazed at how "flexible" it was. Then I got the 60D and saw that for me this was the ONLY solution.

YMMV of course.

Any adjustment of loupe position over the LCD going from camera to camera usually take me less than 30 seconds. Simply attaching or detaching take me about 4-6 seconds.

http://www.hoodmanusa.com/products.asp?dept=1066
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 05:05 AM   #4
Trustee

I agree with bruce i have this also, really easy, set it up then you can just take it of at ease when and needed. steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2011, 09:44 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I've have had 3 viewfinders now and this is the best:
http://cheesycam.com/ggs-dslr-3x-lcd-view-finder-loupe/
GGS. It will cut off a tiny bit of the screen in open mode unless you move your eye around but both me and my DOP love it.

Trouble with the mini crane thing is you cant swivel the LCD with viewfinder, might as well get a T2i ;) I suppose it's great if you use multiple cameras but most of us just use one.
Old April 30th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #6
Major Player

The attached photo is a DIY version. The two arm support is a China product from ebay, around $50, and the magnifying lens is a $14 item from a local sewing/fabric store--cut off the handle, drill a hole and bolt to the support. This provides a very acceptable way to enlarge the LCD panel for focusing (indoors at least) . Always in focus, view with both eyes from any distance. Rotates to any position you put the 60D LCD screen in. Not so good outside unless you come up with a hood between the camera and the lens, which would not be hard to do.
Attached Thumbnails
60D LCD Viewfinder-60d.jpg  
Galen Rath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2011, 03:35 PM   #7
Trustee

Does the Hoodman HoodLoupe 3.0 fit exactly on the 60D?

stelios
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:59 AM   #8
Major Player

Hoodman says it's a perfect fit. I have one coming tomorrow. I also got the kit for the EX1 for focusing when the screen is swung to the side of the body, and I got a 3" lcd cover for when it's on the Blackbird stabilizer. I think I've got all the bases covered. That little screen sucks in daylight. My EX3 spoiled me.
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:57 PM   #9
Major Player

Re: The L-Finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Halfhill View Post
The only loupe for the 60D that it not too heavy or requires a bracket.

The L-Finder FrugalFilmmakers.com
I have tried this combo on the 60D, and the LCD DOES swivel on it’s own, contrary to what the OP states. It does NOT work well, and I use a HoodCrane with Hoodman 3.0 instead.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2011, 01:59 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman View Post
I use the Hoodman Cinema Pro Kit. Attaches to the camera hotshoe mount in seconds and once adjusted for proper fit sits right over the LCD folded in with the screen side out.

Kit includes the loupe, 3x eyepiece, and mounting crane. I avoided this approach for about 5 months because it looked "klunky" to me but once I started using it first on the T2i, then the 7D I was amazed at how "flexible" it was. Then I got the 60D and saw that for me this was the ONLY solution.

YMMV of course.

Any adjustment of loupe position over the LCD going from camera to camera usually take me less than 30 seconds. Simply attaching or detaching take me about 4-6 seconds.

Cinema Kit Pro-Hoodman Corporation
I use this system as well - the only drawback is difficulty in swinging loupe upwards quickly - you need two hands. So, it's almost impossible to go from loupe to no loupe in the middle of a shot.
Sam Kanter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD