Lilliput DVI "fix" for blink issue does not work on 60D? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old May 25th, 2011, 05:20 AM   #1
Major Player

Lilliput DVI "fix" for blink issue does not work on 60D?

Hi there,

As most of you probably know, most of the Canon DSLRs have this nasty issue of "blinking" on and off when you start/stop recording in your external view monitor. The only one that doesn't do this is the 7D, but the T2i, T3i, 5Dii, and 60D all have this blink issue.

Usually the monitor is connected via an HDMI cable and set on the HDMI monitor setting, which causes the blink issue. One popular fix was to set the monitor (in my case, the Lilliput 8" HDMI monitor which also has a DVI mode) to DVI mode as shown here: YouTube - ‪Fixing the Blink problem on the Lilliput monitor with the 5d 60d and t2i. - DSLR FILM NOOB‬‏

I tried this, but when I switch to DVI mode, it says "no input signal" then the screen goes blank. It's the same when I do the other inputs such as Video1, Video2, PC, etc. They all say "no input signal" and go blank. The only one that acquires a signal is HDMI.

A further problem is that once you hit record, the LiveView mode (which seems to have the correct aspect ratio) gets squashed into a long and flat image...totally wrong aspect ratio. Any fix for this and my blink issue, even using DVI mode?

Thanks!
Zhong Cheung is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD