Has anyone tried and tested this cheap slider? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 16th, 2011, 06:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Has anyone tried and tested this cheap slider?

3ft Micro dolly Camera Slider fr dv hdv dslr canon sony | eBay

This looks very similar to the kesslar crane pocket dolly. Any thoughts? And its under £300!
Alex Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 06:34 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Has anyone tried and tested this cheap slider?

even if it looks like Kessler, believe me it is not the same quality,
there are lot of them on the ebay made from the same Igus DryLyn parts, the movement is not smooth;
Kessler pocket dolly worth every penny and probably is the best from portable sliders, and it can be mounted on a single tripod.
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #3
Major Player

Check out the konova sliders.
Greg Fiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I just ordered a Konova slider today after a good bit of angst and research. $329! I do think you get what you pay for in one way or another, but even if this thing only lasts a year or two, I will feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of it. Definitely worth a look, anyway.
David Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2011, 01:48 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buba Kastorski View Post
even if it looks like Kessler, believe me it is not the same quality,
there are lot of them on the ebay made from the same Igus DryLyn parts, the movement is not smooth;
Kessler pocket dolly worth every penny and probably is the best from portable sliders, and it can be mounted on a single tripod.
That eBay slider isn't based on Igus parts & neither is the Konova slider also mentioned in this thread. All the Igus based sliders tend to stick unless they use the latest hybrid bearing carriage with proper roller or ball bearings.

No argument that the Kessler Pocket Dolly is a quality piece of equipment but any slider can be mounted on a single tripod providing it's not too long & it's a decent tripod. All sliders have a tendency to topple over at the extremes of the track just with the weight of the camera if tripod is not secured that's just simple physics.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD