T2i + ML = headphone jack at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old August 23rd, 2011, 10:09 PM   #1
Regular Crew

T2i + ML = headphone jack

I just put Magic Lantern on my T2i and I'm having a ball playing with it. I'm impressed with the audio options, and though I usually use a Zoom H1, I'd like to explore more in-camera audio recording.

I'm looking on Amazon for "miniUSB to headphone jacks" and I'm finding choices from $3 to $45.
Does anyone know which if any would work for me. I'm assuming it's a standard pin wiring and Canon didn't do anything weird.

Thanks,
Tom
Tom Majeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: T2i + ML = headphone jack

Sadly those won't work. The so-called mini-USB plug on the camera isn't actually a standard USB connection. It has extra contact-points, it's a proprietary plug which just works with USB.

However, there is a brand that specializes in these kind of unique calbed, looked up the link for you:
Sescom Sescom DSLR-550D-HOCF AV Out Headphone Monitoring Cable for Canon T2i/550D DSLR & Magic Lantern USB Mini to 3.5mm TRS Female 1 Foot DSLR Audio Cables at Markertek.com

In case the link doesnt work, go to markertek.com and search for the 550D-HOCF AV
Ruben Kremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 02:37 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Majeski View Post
I just put Magic Lantern on my T2i and I'm having a ball playing with it. I'm impressed with the audio options, and though I usually use a Zoom H1, I'd like to explore more in-camera audio recording.

I'm looking on Amazon for "miniUSB to headphone jacks" and I'm finding choices from $3 to $45.
Does anyone know which if any would work for me. I'm assuming it's a standard pin wiring and Canon didn't do anything weird.

Amazon.com: mini usb to headphone jack

Thanks,
Tom
Ruben's right, it's not a standard port. Do you still have the AV lead that came with the camera? The best solution is to buy an RCA to minijack female converter and use that cable. Something like this:

Female 3.5mm Jack to 2 RCA Phono Converter Audio Cable | eBay
James Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2011, 05:11 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you gentlemen.

For some reason trying the a/v lead skipped my mind, probably because I haven't seen it in months! It's around here somewhere-lol.
Tom Majeski is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD