t3i magic lateen install at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 24th, 2012, 06:07 AM   #1
Regular Crew

t3i magic lateen install

In all of the info on installing magic latern it says not to use battery grip. Only with original battery. I can;t find the battery compartment door. Can it be done with the grip? Has anyone done this?
Charlie Branham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: t3i magic lateen install

Loaded fine on my T2i with camera grip. I am 100% sure it will with the T3i also. Go on load it you know you want to and you will not regret it.
Donald McPherson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #3
Major Player

When I use my T3i I always record audio with a separate recorder.

So as I don't need audio monitoring on the T3i, is there any benefit to be had with ML?

What are the pros and cons?
Simon Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #4
Major Player

It's a bit fiddly to use sometimes, but it has endless toys to play with. Practically speaking it's worth it for Focus Peaking (even though it's not deadly accurate), Zebras, False Colour and the Colour Histograms.
They are all very very handy. Suddenly your cheapo DSLR has a lot of proper video camera features and you can fly on instruments, so to speak, instead of squinting at your screen in the sun and hoping for the best..
Murray Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Tourist

Totally worth it. Shortcuts for 3x zoom on the t3i, iso, and white balance are great. Also gives you iso levels and color temp levels that are not available otherwise. Makes the camera much more user friendly in addition to the pro tools it adds. Also things like changing the bit rate can come in handy.
Mitch Holland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Just don't expect Focus Peaking & Zebras to be anywhere near as good & useful as they are on a proper video camera. I know that many swear by Magic Lantern but personally I find that it overcomplicates the camera as there are too many features that are OK-ish but will never be as nicely implemented as if Canon built them properly in the first place.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD