Recommended SD cards at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old April 30th, 2012, 09:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Recommended SD cards

I've had bad luck with SD cards. Got 2 Transcends from Ebay, they were junk; "class 10" wasn't fast enough, kept getting the "automatically stopped" error, may have been bootlegs. Got 2 PNY "HD video" labeled class 10s at Best Buy, same issue.

Every time I try to find a decent deal, there's always reviews saying they're not really class 10. Any suggestions?
Charles House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Recommended SD cards

Im using the sandisk 64gb class 10 rated at 30mbs and haven't had a problem.. Sandisk has a reputation as being a dependable and fast cards.. The extremes are their fastest cards rated at 45mbs.. I thunk it's overkill for video unless your going to be doing some high bit rates with magic lantern..
Jay Corcuera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:13 AM   #3
Trustee

Sorry to hear that Charles. I've never used PNY but I am using Transcend's class 6's and 10's currently and have only had the occasional error message, usually after I've forgotten to format the card prior to shooting. I always format my cards the night before critical events (weddings, for example) and in those cases have never had any errors using the Transcends.

My only advice would be to try buying from B & H. SDHC cards are the most commonly counterfieted product on ebay. There's alot of junk on there so it's just not worth the risk. Don't know about Best Buy though, as we don't have them in Australia.
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:46 PM   #4
Trustee

SanDisk from B&H. SanDisk is the most counterfeited brand of media card on the market so that should tell us all something. B&H is a retailer that sets the "Gold Standard" for integrity in dealing with their customers.

I've used nothing but SanDisk ever since I started using DSLR for video and I've never had a single "stopped" recording or data failure.

Right now $24.95 for this one is well worth it:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/828325-REG/SanDisk_SDSDRX3_016G_A21_16GB_SDHC_Memory_Card.html
As far as problems with media cards purchased from Best Buy, yours is the 4th complaint I've seen in the last few months.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #5
Major Player

+1 for Sandisk
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 11:18 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Another +1 for the above stated SanDick from Bruce. However I was able to buy two of those cards in a pack for $40.00. So i bought two packs. I'm sure it's still available. here it is!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/854370-REG/SanDisk_SDSDX2_016G_X46_16GB_SDHC_Memory_Card.html
I've used the in my 60 D and T2i, and a rented T3i. however with the 2 and 3i…I had to update the firmware…which was actually up to date. Since then no buffer problems whatsoever!
Don Rumsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:33 AM   #7
Major Player

Im using a Scandisk 8 gig with a speed of 30mbps. My vidoe looks "choppy" while shoot at 60fps-250fps. I know these cameras wont handle pans, but Im not impressed at all with my t3i vidoe quality and anted to ask if a faster card would make a difference.
Im not using magic latern now, but when I was 1.4 times my normal bit rate is all the 30mps card would allow.
Im shooting from an R/C helicopter so this isnt static. I would like to get a card that would allow me to shoot at 2 times my bit rate . My friends with the Pany G2 shooting at 720x60p are killing me
John Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #8
Major Player

magic lantern hack just added usability but doesn't help that much in the resolution department. Your SD card will not help your footage look better.
Victor Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #9
Major Player

I don't understand why you would use a t3i on the rc helecopter. There are much better alternatives that don't cost that much and weigh less. Unless I've read your post wrong.
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #10
Major Player

What camera would you use on an RC heli and why? If I had my choice I would be using a Panny GH2

It will lift 10 lbs easy. Id like to use a Red or 5d

anybody want to loan me one ?
John Cash is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD