telephoto lens extensions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 16th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Major Player

telephoto lens extensions?

Does anyone use a lens extension on the 60D with the 18-200mm lens? I'm looking for an extender to shoot some architectural details, and I'm wondering about the sharpness.

thanks

(later)

found this interesting:
http://digital-photography-school.co...s-on-your-dslr
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: telephoto lens extensions?

You seem to be asking for things at odds here. A teleconverter adds focal length and reduces the speed of the lens. They are made to be used on lenses longer than 135mm. Why would you want to use one for architecture?

Despite that, do not use one on any super zoom ens as the result will be horrible. Only use a teleconverter on very high quality lenses to begin with and best on a fixed focal length lens. I use one occasionally on a Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS, but the image is degraded somewhat.
Les Nagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Major Player

I don't know about that particular lens but check out these examples of the Canon 70-200 with a 2x TC. Canon 70-200 with the 2X II TC and the EOS-7D Arthur Morris/BIRDS AS ART
Jim Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:12 AM   #4
Major Player

that looks great!
Robert Bobson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD