How do I get that "Canon" look? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old July 1st, 2013, 04:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How do I get that "Canon" look?

I want my colors (JUST COLORS) to be more like a Canon's using my GH2 and Adobe Premeire.

How do I do that?

Some examples of what I want to recreate.

Jarred Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: How do I get that "Canon" look?

Complex topic. Basically you need to setup the camera through the White Balance 4 color picker, record with a high bitrate, put the footage in premiere and learn the color correction tools to be able to bend the image to match a Canon image.

You need a Canon reference to know what you are even shooting for as well.

I would say it might be more useful to first color correct for true colors, then grade for a certain look. You find that each manufacturer has their own opinion of "true color" as well as the pricepoint of that certain camera. A $1,000 Panasonic camera will not create color like a Varicam... So rather than go for the look first, make accurate color your first objective, then color to taste. Shooting at a high bitrate will give you more information in post to work with. Less compressed means more color information.
Tim Polster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM   #3
Major Player

Those stills seem a little desaturated to me. Maybe if you bump up the saturation a bit?
Charles Newcomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 10:25 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I should mention I'm shooting videos, not taking stills.
Jarred Jones is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD