The best EF lenses for 5D Mk. II? - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:47 AM   #136
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Koster View Post
Don't use Canon glass!
You are obviously not taking your own advice as 3 of the 8 lenses you list are Canon EF:-)
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2011, 03:02 AM   #137
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Barker View Post
You are obviously not taking your own advice as 3 of the 8 lenses you list are Canon EF:-)
LOL! Hence the reason I said, "All my mid-focal range glass are Nikon AIs or Zeiss."

But to be honest, it's hard not to steer completely away from Canon glass. They do have superb lenses. My point is that for the price, a Nikon 1.2 50mm you can pick up a perfect used copy for under $500, whereas you'd have to pay three times that to get the Canon version of it.

What's the difference aside from automatic control? Very little in my opinion. Plus, it has the advantage of your images looking a little organically different to most other photographers who are likely to stick with Canon lenses for this body. A unqiue image is what we all strive for so there is some method to my madness!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD