My 5DM2 opinions.... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 3rd, 2008, 07:08 PM   #16
Major Player

We will find more work around, but there's always going to be a gorilla aspect to using this camera for serious video. It's going to be about designing around what CAN be done with the tools.
The way Canon has talked about continuous shooting, I can pretty much guaranty the camera will overheat and shut down, or at a minimum become noisy. Maybe it will shoot for 45 minutes every hour.
Don Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 07:15 PM   #17
Major Player

The manual did mention that the sensor can overheat. If I remember correctly, all they said is that the video quality will degrade and it should be turned off to cool. I assume it will depend on a lot of things, for example the temperature, and if its in direct sunlight all day.

I just ordered mine a few hours ago, should have it by mid December.
Daniel Lipats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2008, 08:08 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lipats View Post
The manual did mention that the sensor can overheat. If I remember correctly, all they said is that the video quality will degrade and it should be turned off to cool. I assume it will depend on a lot of things, for example the temperature, and if its in direct sunlight all day.
Which is a good reason to have two! :)
Tyler Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #19
Regular Crew

What a long way we've come! looking back this was of the first 5D2 posts.. now firmware upto 2.0.8.. hehe
Josh Fung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2010, 10:21 AM   #20
Contributor

Christopher, it sounds like you're trying to shoot video with the auto stuff on. The camera keeps the aperture setting and everything else if you shoot manual. And you have manual audio control, you just have to go into the menu and set it. Out of the box the camera comes with all the auto stuff turned on and an oversaturated picture style--turn all the auto things off, including shutter, white balance, gain, etc. Turn audio to manual and set gain before the shot (or use a mixer or Juicedlink, etc., calibrated to the camera).
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD