Buying a 5D Mark II - Strategies and Recommendations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 4th, 2008, 06:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Buying a 5D Mark II - Strategies and Recommendations

All:

If I want one of these by Christmas what is my best option? I don't want to get tied up in some internet queue and not get a camera until mid-January. I'd consider paying local sales tax if people can recommend retailers (this is in Northern California) that carry the unit but any stories about how people have (or plan to) run theirs down would be helpful.

Thanks!
Steven Schuldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 07:04 PM   #2
Major Player

Just start by making some phone calls. Places like bhphotovideo won't take any orders right now, so don't go anywhere obvious. Lines are just too long, you would be lucky to get it by January. Look at some less obvious places with less camera traffic.

I pre-ordered mine from MacMall on the 3rd. When I called they said they are expecting 30 to arrive by the 12th, and I was #27 or so. You may be able to squeeze in too.
Daniel Lipats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lipats View Post
Just start by making some phone calls. Places like bhphotovideo won't take any orders right now, so don't go anywhere obvious. Lines are just too long, you would be lucky to get it by January. Look at some less obvious places with less camera traffic.

I pre-ordered mine from MacMall on the 3rd. When I called they said they are expecting 30 to arrive by the 12th, and I was #27 or so. You may be able to squeeze in too.
The 5D Mk II: A $2700 Cabbage Patch Kid. ;)
Steven Schuldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2008, 10:22 PM   #4
Regular Crew

On Tuesday of this week I went to the B&H web site and just looked for the Camera and
there it was, Body only was on back order, the Kit with the 24-105 lens was in stock and
I just put it on order... put it on a two day delivery and it just showed up at my house in
Dallas... but I'm in Tucson so I won't get to play with it until this weekend when I get home.

you just have to call around and keep looking on the internet... they are out there..
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD