CF Compact Flash cards - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old October 10th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #106
Regular Crew

Recommended CF Cards? (Lexar 133x)

I was wondering anyone had some advice regarding a good card to get for video without being overkill.

Currently, I have three Lexar Professional 4GB 133x CF cards, and have been fairly satisfied with the results, but since I haven't been able to compare them to anything, I'm not sure if I'm missing out on any quality or motion smoothness. Are these cards "good enough" to the point where I wouldn't be receiving any benefits from upgrading to something pricier? I'd like to go for at least an 8GB or 16GB if so. I don't care too much about download-to-computer speeds, currently they've been fine. Is this the main benefit of having a UDMA card?

Thanks for your enlightenment.
Sean Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #107
Major Player

if your camera doesnt give you the little buffer indicator and doesnt drop frames, you arent losing anything in terms of quality. if your cards can write 40mbps video then thats all you need. anything faster will just help you read/copy files from the card in a computer or other device.

i use a 32gb transcend 133x card that works well. it can handle 10-15MBps for writes which is plenty for the camera, but it reads up to 40MBps which is fast for such a cheap card, so it is still very fast to download.
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #108
Regular Crew

I also use Transcend cause they used to be the cheapest with sufficient performance, but last time I went to B & H they had a Kingston 32 GB 133x for $79.

That's pretty hard to beat I think?
Andree Markefors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #109
Regular Crew

Certainly sounds like a darn good deal. Thanks for your thoughts.
Sean Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #110
Regular Crew

I just loaded up on 32GB Kingston Elites 133x from B&H. I also have a dozen other Elite 133x's and never had a problem with them. They also transfer pretty quick when used with a decent card reader.
Raymond Tsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #111
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Tsang View Post
I just loaded up on 32GB Kingston Elites 133x from B&H. I also have a dozen other Elite 133x's and never had a problem with them. They also transfer pretty quick when used with a decent card reader.
Note that these cards will not work in a 1Ds Mark III body. They fail. I've been fighting with Kingston for a replacement for mine (a 16GB). They say they don't support anything bigger than an 8GB in that body. Sigh.
Old October 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #112
Major Player

Quote:
I've also been using these for eight months in my 5D2 without incident.
Bill Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 08:57 AM   #113
Regular Crew

Quote:
I also bought this card a while back and been using it without a problem for a while. But lately, I'm getting lots of "buffer fillups" and this cause the recording to pause. Is anyone facing this problem? Its not that fun when it happens during an important event.
Old April 7th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #114
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Purad View Post
I also bought this card a while back and been using it without a problem for a while. But lately, I'm getting lots of "buffer fillups" and this cause the recording to pause. Is anyone facing this problem? Its not that fun when it happens during an important event.
I have the same problem with the Transcend 133X 32GB card I got.
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2010, 04:39 PM   #115
Regular Crew

Hi Ram

I have the same problem, now, using the kingston elite pro with 16 GB. I think it's because of the increase in the data rate with the new firmware update. Are you using the last firmware update?
Pedro Martins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD