Quicktime Rewrap and Vegas - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old January 18th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #16
Major Player

Is there a way to batch resize all of the clips to 1080? I know I can apply a timline-level color corrector filter but to individually resize the clips will be a pain in the ass.
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yang Wen View Post
Is there a way to batch resize all of the clips to 1080? I know I can apply a timline-level color corrector filter but to individually resize the clips will be a pain in the ass.
If you make a preset, it's only three clicks per clip. Sure, it's not ideal, but it's not a big deal when you consider how long one might spend timing cuts and transitions and color correcting a clip.
Old January 19th, 2009, 01:09 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post
If you make a preset, it's only three clicks per clip. Sure, it's not ideal, but it's not a big deal when you consider how long one might spend timing cuts and transitions and color correcting a clip.
Someone with some scripting skills could write a script to do it to all selected events or to every event in the selected track I bet. Not me, but I'm sure it's do-able. Also, you could potentially use a nested project to turn your entire timeline into a single event in another project, then crop that. However, nested projects have never been something I've wanted to rely on.
Bill Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #19
New Boot

Working in Vegas 8

Hi,
I'm using the Magic Bullets Suite to produce the stretch in the blacks. Seems to work quite well, although you have to render ... but the results look much nicer and film - ish.

You can play with all sorts of FX and create your own wonder settings.

Looking good ... provided you shoot with reduced contrast and sharpness using the presets on the camera.
Tony Koorlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Koorlander View Post
Hi,
I'm using the Magic Bullets Suite to produce the stretch in the blacks. Seems to work quite well, although you have to render ... but the results look much nicer and film - ish.

You can play with all sorts of FX and create your own wonder settings.

Looking good ... provided you shoot with reduced contrast and sharpness using the presets on the camera.
You should STILL try to get the color space correct BEFORE you run the footage through Magic Bullet.
Bill Binder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2009, 07:19 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Binder View Post
Someone with some scripting skills could write a script to do it to all selected events or to every event in the selected track I bet. Not me, but I'm sure it's do-able. Also, you could potentially use a nested project to turn your entire timeline into a single event in another project, then crop that. However, nested projects have never been something I've wanted to rely on.
I have tried to write my first scripts for Vegas. If you want to try them out follow the link below. I made two scripts, one that will trim and center all selected clips. A second that will add the color correction to all selected clips.

You will find the files at http://www.dalfors.com/utilities/vegas/default.aspx

Hopefully they will save some time for you.
Marten Dalfors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD