Sound recording issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old January 26th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sound recording issues

I have done a bunch of audio tests tonight and discovered that just having the canon minijack AV plug, plugged in, to anything or nothing at all, lays down a high pitched whine onto the cameras audio track. Without the av cord plugged in, the audio's noise bed is not too bad, but, plug int the AV cord and it all goes to heck. I mean literally the cord alone is enough to produce this whine on the tracks.
Has any one had this experience?

If you plan on using an external monitor for framing etc. then beware of this glitch if you are feeing audio into the camera externally.
John Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #2
Major Player

anyone else have this issue?
Josh Brusin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Josh, can you test this on your camera if you have one?

plug in a powered professional condenser mic and record some video,
do the same thing with the av MINI JACK PLUGGED IN, and nothing else but the same mic setup.

open both files and listen, the one with the mini AV jack plugged in has a noticeable high pitched whine vs the first recording.

I'd like to know if anyone else has this problem or if it is just my camera.

jh
John Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
plug in a powered professional condenser mic and record some video,
do the same thing with the av MINI JACK PLUGGED IN, and nothing else but the same mic setup.
I haven't tested it on my 5D2 yet, but my XH-A1 had this problem, so I will not be surprised if the 5D2. (Plugging anything into the AV out, BNC out, or component out caused a buz.)
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD