Snags & shortcomings..? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 10th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Funny you bring that up, I was just looking at old footage from my HVX200, HV20, and HD100, and was impressed by how much more resolution the 5D2 had... although the HV20 was too close to call. (Edit, retraction: just realized I was shooting the HVX in 720p and the HD100 is 720 as well.)
My preference is to go by the amount of resolution a camera has before aliasing affects the image (e.g. shooting a test chart such as a zone plate). According to that definition, it's possible that they had more resolution even in 720p mode.
Daniel Browning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Browning View Post
My preference is to go by the amount of resolution a camera has before aliasing affects the image (e.g. shooting a test chart such as a zone plate). According to that definition, it's possible that they had more resolution even in 720p mode.
Put that way... fair enough.
...but I'd still rather have a truck load of beer and a little bit of poison.
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Daniel:

When referring to other cameras, I was probably, in my mind, but failing to state, that I was considering their use with 35mm adapters, to achieve similar images. And my experience with adapters is limited to the Letus FE and Letus 35a, and some other concoctions of my own. However, in comparing even "un-adapted" footage from these cameras to the limited footage I have shot with the Canon 5D, the "apparent" resolution I am seeing still seems to be better than the FX1, Z1, HV20 or the HVX200. All this, of course, depends on lens choices, lighting conditions, and etc, etc.. and I have not shot test charts to confirm my impressions.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD