julie's mfa show (30p to 24p conversion) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 24th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S. Kim View Post
Yes vimeo's policy is to drop frames for HD footage. They retain 30fps for SD footage. Their reasoning is that 24fps requires a lot less bandwidth and cpu and that when they did their tests (like a year or more ago) 24fps was more likely to run smoothly on the average computer vs 30fps.

Of course a lot has changed since vimeo's inception but their arcane policy is still in place. Fingers crossed for change.

As for the choppy native 5d playback, my system is specifically vista 64bit with premiere pro cs4. I haven't tested it with any other NLE's. Playback through ffdshow, vlc player, coreavc, and quicktime viewer is all very smooth with a minimal cpu hit. My previous box was vista 32bit with core2 quad and I had the same problem with premiere cs4 and 5d files.

Mark: I haven't tried contacting cineform. I tried it both in mac and windows and had issues with both and didn't go beyond that. I'll probably look at it again with their next major revision.
They seem to be releasing new versions almost weekly. I just heard about a new beta yesterday than fixes A/V playback rates.
Mark Hahn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD