canon 5D info at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old May 1st, 2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Regular Crew

canon 5D info

when shooting in the movie mode there is no auto focus,should you switch the lens to manual or does it matter.
When shooting in the movie mode(video) does it matter what mode is selected on the camer ie full auto or P tv etc
I use both Xp and vista for viewing the flash card but i cannot get the audio to playback,there is just none present but on the camera there is am i missing some codec for proper playback or do I need some different movie playback program

thanks
Stan Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 08:50 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

1. Autofocus works in movie mode; it's a bit slow however.

2. Movie mode operates independently of the still photo program mode.

3. Make sure you have the most recent version of Quicktime.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 07:57 AM   #3
Regular Crew

5D video

the quicktime did the trick and there should be software out there to convert to dvd .
I notice the moivies jerky,what is causing this --there is not a smooth flow,any reasons?

stan
Stan Kern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:55 AM   #4
Trustee

Auto focus in movie mode has only been working for me when holding in the AF button. Chris is usually right about these details, I'm probably missing a Cfn setting somewhere.
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Kern View Post
the quicktime did the trick and there should be software out there to convert to dvd .
I notice the moivies jerky,what is causing this --there is not a smooth flow,any reasons?

stan
A pretty good workflow for 5DMKII footage is to use Cineform neoscene... makes working
with the footage very easy and it only costs ~ $100 at Video Guys..
Ray Bell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD