Accessories for 5D2... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 8th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Joseph View Post
Rickey, you can film over an hour? Wow, I didn't know that was possible. The sources I read that from must've been wrong. Thanks for the correction guys.
Yes you can! With 6x or more 32 gig CF cards, with 4 batteries, I can film up to 10-12 hours, but like what I said, not continously.
Rickey Brillantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Fairhurst View Post
You can film up to an hour or so on one card - but not continuously. The recording will stop every 12 minutes or so
The time available all depends on what size card you have. At about 12 minutes per max 4GB file on a 32GB card that gives around 96 minutes or over 1.5 hours. On a 16GB card it's around 48 minutes.

Last edited by Nigel Barker; June 9th, 2009 at 02:58 PM.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 02:39 PM   #18
New Boot

The 32 GB CFs are too cost prohibitive. Just get 2X16GB. Sandisk are doing a nice summer rebate now. The most indispensable most important item is a good tripod and video head. Budget about 800.00 USD for new. For video this camera is very very prone to pick up even the most little jarring or jerks. I would also think the next item to get for outdoor weddings is a good ND filter to allow shallow DOF. The 50mm EF f/1.4 is FANTASTIC for stills and video but if you can manage an entire wedding (and most standard portraiture) with a 24-70 f/2.8L.
Victor Bieganek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 06:15 PM   #19
Major Player

I have been using the 32Gb cards for a while now and love them. I often shoot school segments for a TV show that I am working on and the 32Gb is just enough for me to shoot one complete segment. If I was using 16Gb cards I would definitely have to switch right in the middle of shooting. 32Gb cards not cost effective? I got 3 of the SanDisk 32Gb extreme III cards for $400! Got my $200 rebate card in the mail today. That is ridiculously cheap.

These cards rock! I have never once seen the buffer meter. Don't even know what it looks like. Transfer speeds over to the computer are very quick as well.
Ryan Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #20
Inner Circle

32GB too expensive? I am shooting ten of the 32GB Ridata 233X cards, they are great. Not a single dropped frame or stutter yet and they were $76.00 ea. Usually get around 90 minutes per card. After shooting P2 for years, CF cards are like heaven they are so cheap.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:48 PM   #21
Regular Crew

and the winner is.......

After tons of research we finally decided to go another way. I placed an order today for 2 Canon XH-A1s 's and I really feel it will be the best investment for me and my company!

thanks for every ones input!
Doug Puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Puckett View Post
After tons of research we finally decided to go another way. I placed an order today for 2 Canon XH-A1s 's and I really feel it will be the best investment for me and my company!
Though I'm a 5D Mark II owner, I'm the first to agree that it's not the right tool for every job. It's kind of like a Lotus Elise. It does some things exceptionally well (DOF) - and some things it doesn't do at all (24p, acceptable audio - yet). Like a modern sedan, the A1 isn't as exceptional, but does everything reasonably well. It's certainly the better daily driver.

Best of luck with your new cameras!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD