New Thinktank bags look perfect for 5dmII run and gun at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 18th, 2009, 05:08 AM   #1
Major Player

New Thinktank bags look perfect for 5dmII run and gun

Multimedia Wired Up Collection

I've been a long time fan of the Thinktank range for carrying all my camera kit, they have just launched this range of bags for run and gun multlimedia shooters. It looks like they have really thought this through, maybe we can convince them to design some other bags for common 5dmkII kits with video in mind. First off I'd like a good way to carry a bars equipped 5dmkII rig, either Redrockmicro or Zacuto, that is light and agile for field use.

Dan

(edit - just found a better breakdown of the new kit here Rob Galbraith DPI: Think Tank Photo to release Multimedia Wired Up Collection next month)

Last edited by Dan Chung; June 18th, 2009 at 05:11 AM. Reason: added link
Dan Chung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #2
Major Player

Wow can you imagine the behind the scene thank-yous from these accessories makers to the camera makers? Overnight, a new segment has been defined..
Yang Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the link. TT is one of the most innovative companies that I know of, and I've used their bags for several years now. The Airport International is probably my favourite overall.

Right now I'm trying to come up with a solution for run-and-gun with the 5D2, 24-105, and Senn MKE 400 or Evolution G2 that (and here's the catch) can interface with MOLLE webbing. Obviously this will require some custom sewing work...
Daniel Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 12:54 PM   #4
Sponsor: Westside AV

I imagine suspenders will be mandatory for some of us.
Olof Ekbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:33 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Dan:

I used the Think Tank Speed Demon for some recent travel shoots and they are great bags.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD