DP1 for 5D Glidecam On its way - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old July 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Hey Charles,

I believe you were helping out with my Rockport Steadicam Class back in '96. Long time...

Tom,
People have been talking about Paradigm shifts in this industry from the days of Hi8. But when it comes down to it, production value, script and direction makes a good finished product. The tools that were used to make the successful finished products (i.e. Blair Witch, Clerks etc) were secondary to the story.

Back to my original analogy, slightly changed: the instrument doesn't make a good musician. And those who think otherwise need to learn about the way Garret Brown had to shoot with his original rigs.

-dave
David A. Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I myself will be playing around with a 5D and downsized stabilizer this week so I'm going to be making my own discoveries...![/QUOTE]

Im sure our frame of reference is different. With no point of comparison at all... I find through daily use that it is going to work very well for me.
Tom Daigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 02:30 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A. Fisher View Post
the instrument doesn't make a good musician
Dave, that's nicely put and sums up what I've discovered with my new stabilizer - it doesn't make you great, it gives you the possibility to be great. But you have to put in the hours!
Mark Harmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 11:45 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Harmer View Post
Dave, that's nicely put and sums up what I've discovered with my new stabilizer - it doesn't make you great, it gives you the possibility to be great. But you have to put in the hours!
As the owner of a Merlin & novice Steadicam flyer with I find it is rather like the reason that people apparently find golf so addictive. Every so often through skill,practice or more likely blind luck you get it exactly right & the results are fantastic (perfect Steadicam shot or 250yd drive straight down the fairway). You then spend all your time trying to recreate that perfect moment.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD