DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon EOS Full Frame for HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/)
-   -   Mpeg Streamclip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-eos-full-frame-hd/239120-mpeg-streamclip.html)

Hugh Mobley July 16th, 2009 04:50 AM

Mpeg Streamclip

I am trying Mpeg Streamclip to convert files to an intermediate for Vegas 8, has anyone used this and what compression is used.

Shawn Kessler July 16th, 2009 07:04 AM

mpg streamclip

I use this program all the time it has various settings to convert to.
The newest version also adds other formats to convert to includeing
WMV if im not mistaken.

Perrone Ford July 16th, 2009 07:12 AM

I've never got it to work successfully.

Denis OKeefe July 16th, 2009 08:21 AM

I've been using this quite a bit recently, it is a lifesaver. If for some reason you are having trouble it will be well worth your time to sit down and work it through. The batch processing has already saved me hours at the computer hitting buttons.
Phil Bloom just posted a tutorial on this - it is mentioned in another thread here. It explains everything you want to know.
Good luck, hope you get it going.

Perrone Ford July 16th, 2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis OKeefe (Post 1172456)
I've been using this quite a bit recently, it is a lifesaver. If for some reason you are having trouble it will be well worth your time to sit down and work it through. The batch processing has already saved me hours at the computer hitting buttons.
Phil Bloom just posted a tutorial on this - it is mentioned in another thread here. It explains everything you want to know.
Good luck, hope you get it going.

It's not that I don't understand how to use it. It crashes whenever I try to render. At least on my laptop, which is where I want to do my conversions. By the time I get the footage to my editing suite, I want it to be ready to go.

Denis OKeefe July 16th, 2009 10:34 AM

I understand, just suggesting that if it is a hardware issue it may well be worth fixing it since the program works so well.
Have you tried converting to some thing other than pro res, maybe dvcpro?
I use it on a macbook pro with 4 gigs of ram, a good size hard drive, and work off and send everything back to a lacie firewire 800 drive.
It is pretty fast, for me much quicker than compressor.

Hugh Mobley July 16th, 2009 10:49 AM

I have been trying it, can't get it to go beyond waiting with some older sample clips, probably won't work for me, going for replacement of my Cineform NEO Hdv to Neo Scene. never have problems with cineform, or very few

Perrone Ford July 16th, 2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denis OKeefe (Post 1172511)
I understand, just suggesting that if it is a hardware issue it may well be worth fixing it since the program works so well.
Have you tried converting to some thing other than pro res, maybe dvcpro?
I use it on a macbook pro with 4 gigs of ram, a good size hard drive, and work off and send everything back to a lacie firewire 800 drive.
It is pretty fast, for me much quicker than compressor.

I'm not on a Mac.

Annie Haycock July 16th, 2009 03:19 PM

I used it successfully with Windows XP, it stutters a bit with Vista, but I can't get it to work at all with Vista64. it's a shame, because I don't have a XP any more, and I liked MPEGstreamclip for its simplicity.