Mpeg Streamclip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old July 16th, 2009, 04:50 AM   #1
Major Player

Mpeg Streamclip

I am trying Mpeg Streamclip to convert files to an intermediate for Vegas 8, has anyone used this and what compression is used.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

mpg streamclip

I use this program all the time it has various settings to convert to.
The newest version also adds other formats to convert to includeing
WMV if im not mistaken.
Shawn Kessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 07:12 AM   #3
Inner Circle

I've never got it to work successfully.
Old July 16th, 2009, 08:21 AM   #4
Major Player

I've been using this quite a bit recently, it is a lifesaver. If for some reason you are having trouble it will be well worth your time to sit down and work it through. The batch processing has already saved me hours at the computer hitting buttons.
Phil Bloom just posted a tutorial on this - it is mentioned in another thread here. It explains everything you want to know.
Good luck, hope you get it going.
Denis OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis OKeefe View Post
I've been using this quite a bit recently, it is a lifesaver. If for some reason you are having trouble it will be well worth your time to sit down and work it through. The batch processing has already saved me hours at the computer hitting buttons.
Phil Bloom just posted a tutorial on this - it is mentioned in another thread here. It explains everything you want to know.
Good luck, hope you get it going.
It's not that I don't understand how to use it. It crashes whenever I try to render. At least on my laptop, which is where I want to do my conversions. By the time I get the footage to my editing suite, I want it to be ready to go.
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:34 AM   #6
Major Player

I understand, just suggesting that if it is a hardware issue it may well be worth fixing it since the program works so well.
Have you tried converting to some thing other than pro res, maybe dvcpro?
I use it on a macbook pro with 4 gigs of ram, a good size hard drive, and work off and send everything back to a lacie firewire 800 drive.
It is pretty fast, for me much quicker than compressor.
Denis OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:49 AM   #7
Major Player

I have been trying it, can't get it to go beyond waiting with some older sample clips, probably won't work for me, going for replacement of my Cineform NEO Hdv to Neo Scene. never have problems with cineform, or very few
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2009, 10:59 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis OKeefe View Post
I understand, just suggesting that if it is a hardware issue it may well be worth fixing it since the program works so well.
Have you tried converting to some thing other than pro res, maybe dvcpro?
I use it on a macbook pro with 4 gigs of ram, a good size hard drive, and work off and send everything back to a lacie firewire 800 drive.
It is pretty fast, for me much quicker than compressor.
I'm not on a Mac.
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:19 PM   #9
Major Player

I used it successfully with Windows XP, it stutters a bit with Vista, but I can't get it to work at all with Vista64. it's a shame, because I don't have a XP any more, and I liked MPEGstreamclip for its simplicity.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD