Sudden White Flash during playback at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old November 17th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Sudden White Flash during playback

I've noticed that when I playback some footage on LCD or in my editor, there is are sudden frames of white flashes that surge through the frame, it doesn't fill up the frame either, sometimes it just covers half a frame, and then moves up a tad.

It's so annyoing! It feels like a visual and mental stutter everytime i see it.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Mark II, or is this some hardware issue that I should get resolved directly through Canon?
Old November 17th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #2
Trustee

Sounds like a camera flashbulb while you're shooting progressive. It's just a downside of the 5D. Give those still photogs a dirty look. :-)
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Rolling Shutter

Are there people around you taking still pictures with flash while you're rolling video?
Stephen Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I'll be sure to give those photogs the stink eye. I think for my recent project it is the camera flashbulb that's the issue. I went into FCP and looked frame by frame, and you guys were right.

I could have sworn I noticed it in other shoots too where there are no flashes around the area.

Though there is a stutter when I first hit record in the footage, almost like a brief pause to black, I'm assuming that's normal right? (therefore just make sure you never use the first 2-3 seconds of a shot)

Thanks for the fast responses guys!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD