Timelapse battery grip at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 13th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #1
Wizard Status

Timelapse battery grip

Here's a neat new device: a battery grip with an interval timer. It can be programmed to do timelapses and holds two batteries like the normal BG-E6.
Attached Thumbnails
Timelapse battery grip-lcd.jpg  
Tramm Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

What a great find, thanks Tramm -- now if only they'll do one for the 7D as well!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Check to see if it has a limit on the number of frames that can be shot. I bought a similar one online for a Digital Rebel XT, only to find out that it had a 99 frame limit. Making it useless.
Ben Ruffell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 01:49 PM   #4
Major Player

can you buy it at places other than e-bay?
Old December 14th, 2009, 03:11 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I've never seen the timer grips other then on EBay. I had been tempted to get one of these for my original 5D since until rather recently they didn't exists for 5D II. I think some un-named company is taking a generic grip and adding the timer, thus only being sold on Ebay. I have a real Canon grip for my 5D and the knock-off generic (Adorama's version) for my 5D II and the difference in the two I can't really tell except for the HUGE price difference. I'm tempted by this since I want another grip so that I can keep one permanently attached to my redrock rig so that all I have to do is drop the 5D II on to the grip when rigging up, would save me 5-10mins and the headache of a hex bolt that screws in from under the shoulder rest on my rig. Plus I use a timer in my photography sometimes for time-lapse and if this timer works the same, it would be one less piece of equipment out in the field.
Christopher Lovenguth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 12:03 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info Tramm. I was looking to get a grip. I'll let you know how it works when it gets here.

cheers

Morton
Morton Molyneux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2009, 05:20 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Ruffell View Post
Check to see if it has a limit on the number of frames that can be shot. I bought a similar one online for a Digital Rebel XT, only to find out that it had a 99 frame limit. Making it useless.
I had the same thing with a 500D (is that the same as the Rebel XT?) in Singapore. Luckily the dealer pointed it out to me before I paid, so I was able to get a plug-in remote/ interval timer without frame limit instead. Different from a grip obviously.

Here's a similar remote/timer that claims to work with 5D2 and 7D. Note that the price is in Singapore dollars.

Red Dot Photo (Singapore) - Products

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD