My First Project with 5DMKII at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old December 26th, 2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Regular Crew

My First Project with 5DMKII

The scenes with the plane and speedboats was shot on a Canon HG10 (Hand-cam). My bag was to heavy and big to pull out the 5D. The speedboat... well I didn;t want to loose it to the ocean or get it wet.
Tom Marks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #2
New Boot

Nice!!

what lenses did you use for this, looks great.
Alex Nazari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I used a Canon L F2.8 24-70mm. Thanks
Old December 27th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Tom - was that some sort of small steadycam you were using for the walk-throughs?
great job by the way - looks like a heap of fun.
cheers
Old December 27th, 2009, 01:28 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Peter,
No. It was the Glidecam HD2000. This is the medium sized rig for cameras that weigh between 4 to 6lbs.
Check out the link:
Glidecam | HD2000 Stabilizer System | HD-2000 | B&H Photo Video

Thanks for the comments....it was a great deal of fun. It was fun shooting and editing this project.
Old January 13th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Canon 5D Mk11 Steadicam combination

Do you have any tips for this combination, such as focus and exposure and zoom. Have you discovered some optimum settings that allow you to use this lens, steadicam, camera combination without stopping to make adjustments?
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:52 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Palmer-Benson View Post
Do you have any tips for this combination, such as focus and exposure and zoom. Have you discovered some optimum settings that allow you to use this lens, steadicam, camera combination without stopping to make adjustments?

There is almost no avoiding having to stop and make adjustments. That is unless you remain the same distance from your subject and the lighting + white balance never changes. Otherwise, you probably want to stop down as much as possible and practice adjusting exposure and focus on the fly. If you are far enough from the subject, you can focus to infinite and remain in good focus while moving.

Just a tip, you can adjust ISO, shutter and aperture while recording video. I think you have to stop recording in order to adjust white balance.
Raymond Tsang is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD