Any "video village" ideas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old January 20th, 2010, 10:34 AM   #1
Major Player

Any "video village" ideas?

I need to shoot on the 5d II and set up a monitor remotely for the producer. So far my best idea is to use an HDMI distribution amp, one for a camera monitor the other to the remote.
Since the image while rolling drops to 480 I'm concerned the HDMI splitter may reject it.
Anyone having success doing this another way?
Denis OKeefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #2
Inner Circle

You could use SD composite out, feeding both the camera monitor and any other monitors that way. That eliminates the delay too, as there is no switch over from HD to SD at time of recording. Problem I found in early use of that, was that I was getting some kind of sound feedback in the process when trying to record in camera sound with an add on mic. So I stopped using that. Too, pre-focusing and setting your focus marks is much easier in HD, even if you do only have it for preshot set up.
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Though not cheap, you could go with an HDMI to HD-SDI converter, and then go with a full HD-SDI infrastructure. That buys you captive BNCs, long cable runs, and active loop-thrus.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD