power battery grips? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old April 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Telecam Films

power battery grips?

Has anyone tried the Zeikos power battery grip?

Zeikos | ZE-CBG5DII Power Battery Grip | ZE-CBG5DII | B&H Photo

It seems to have he same features as Canon's battery grip at a 1/4 of the price.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau View Post
Has anyone tried the Zeikos power battery grip?
It seems to have he same features as Canon's battery grip at a 1/4 of the price.
I got an even cheaper one from China, off eBay -- and they even included two batteries. Works perfectly.

-- peer
Old April 6th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #3
Major Player

I haven't bought it, but I do have my eye on it... although If I can wait I'll probably get the Canon since I know the Canon will work perfectly everytime.
Old April 6th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #4
Trustee

I've just bought another grip. Apart from the extra power for filming and better control for vertical stills, The 5D power grip also helps lift the camera body to centralise the lens in my underwater housing.

I've not had any problems using extra non-Canon batteries, except that they do not provide full battery indication on the 5D LCD display. The 5D does warn you of a low battery when they are almost depleted, but at least the Canon original batteries provide a decent indication of how much power is left.
Another thing to note is that if you are working in Canon EOS Utility the screen indicator will show that your battery level is low, even on a full charge, so you can simply ignore the red "Battery Low" warning if you've just placed a freshly-charged non-Canon battery in the chamber.

Last edited by Tony Davies-Patrick; April 6th, 2010 at 04:36 PM.
Tony Davies-Patrick is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD