Vimeo audio out of sync at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old May 28th, 2010, 06:22 PM   #1
Major Player

Vimeo audio out of sync

I have rendered a 16 minute video which when played in VLC Player the MP4 plays back great everything synced. I uploaded the clip three times to Vimeo and it still is out of sync by just enough to tell.

settings are Audio: 320 Kbps, 44,100 Hz, Stereo, AAC.
Video: 5,000,000 bps, 29.970 fps, 1280x720

Exactly what Vimeo requests. Any ideas of another video hosting service that can accept longer videos and gives great playback?

Anyone else ever have trouble with Vimeo? Not here to flame Vimeo by the way but my work for my Pro membership I wonder why I bother?
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Do you still have it up? A link so we can have a look/listen?

I have noticed that if you contact support at Vimeo they are usually pretty good at finding any anomalies that might exist. At least it used to be that way.

You can try exposureroom.com
Old May 28th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #3
Trustee

Viimeo has a very active help forum... the staff respond quickly to questions and problems, especially when the problem is a technical problem with the service itself.

My vimeo membership is the easiest $60 I spend all year. But that's just me.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2010, 06:11 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm very happy with Vimeo and haven't had any sync issues. Same settings as Harry has used although the frame rate I'm now uploading in PAL is therefore 25fps.
I've tried Exposure Room but I think it looks softer and it certainly doesn't play as easily, with constant buffering.
If you want a direct comparison of a video uploaded to both Vimeo and Exposure Room with the same settings, on my Wordpress blog I have one video 'Duxford Spring Airshow 2010-part one' ( which I see is now on 'page two').
Scroll to find it...make sure it's 'Part One' (there are four parts there) and play both versions.

website is: Focal Planes

David Taylor
David W. Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #5
Major Player

That's interesting because I way prefer exposure room by a longshot. I feel I get less buffering and more smooth footage. Vimeo almost always stutters for me without downloading.
Old May 30th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #6
Major Player

I'm waiting for the support folks to look into it Mon or Tuesday. SmugMug and YouTube limit size of videos so it's either Vimeo or possibly this other service.
Old May 31st, 2010, 11:08 AM   #7
Regular Crew

It looks like a Vimeo problem for me because I watched a lot of out-of-sync videos recently.
Martin Koch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2010, 06:51 PM   #8
Major Player

Bummer. It's crazy they re-rendered my video and it's still out of sync yet I hit it from my iPhone and perfect sync!! Don't know what to do next....
Old June 1st, 2010, 11:29 PM   #9
Major Player

Is there any black at the start of the video? I often add 1 1/2 seconds of slug before a video, so that on a DVD it doesn't play instantly when that feature is selected. I used to use the same Quicktime movie to create the vimeo encode.

I experienced an out of sync behaviour with these videos. I then read a response to this issue somewhere on vimeo a while back that stated that having black at the start of the video will cause the audio to be out of sync.

So if you do have some black off the top, remove it and try again.
Old June 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM   #10
Major Player

there may be some fade in at first....but I usually try to fade in the audio an equal amount....
Old June 2nd, 2010, 08:10 PM   #11
Major Player

Vimeo basically sent a we've got nothing with a link to the plug idea. I have maybe a 2 second fade in if that. Right now my project is lost due to backup error so i have a 16 minute MP4 that looks great but after uploading is out of sync.
If black makes the editor rendor at 1 fps, then why would insert a black image in front of the fade in. That just din't make sense to me.
I've now drug the MP4 into the trimmer and pulled down half to the timeline and am rendering halves now.
tomorrow will be a better day!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD