Firmware 2.0.7 fatal software crash at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 16th, 2010, 06:38 AM   #1
New Boot

Firmware 2.0.7 fatal software crash

Bought a new MkII yesterday with the latest firmware installed by the shop. On first use the software shut down completely rendering the camera unable to take film or pictures. According to the retailer, Fust, Canon Switzerland say they know the new firmware is not workable at all and the only remedy is a full refund for the camera and associated kit – not good for either party. Is this just a Swiss point of view or is really impossible to provide 25fps to the two thirds of the world's population that use it? A working camera is still the objective, and I assume that would be to the benefit of Canon as well.
David Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:18 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I installed 2.0.7 onto our two 5DIIs prior to a shoot last weekend & we have seen no problems.

It sounds to me like either:-
1) The camera you bought is faulty from manufacture
2) The camera was OK but the retailer screwed up the FW upgrade e.g. bad file downloaded

Either way replacing the non-working camera you bought yesterday with a replacement camera that does work would be the best solution. So if they want to refund you so that you can buy elsewhere then let them.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Nigel - I'm going in armed with your response! Incidentally, I have emailed a name at Canon Switzerland to get the story from the horses mouth, as it were, and in the interests of fair right of reply I will post their response just as soon as I get one.
David Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #4
Major Player

2.0.7 works fine for me.
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #5
Trustee

I agree with Bill and Nigel, the best advice is to simply change your camera for another new camera in full working order.

I've had no problem whatsover with the the new firmware update, and in fact it has improved the performance of the 5D Mark II when matched with certain L lenses.
Old June 16th, 2010, 10:17 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I have upgraded my 5Dmkll every time a new firmware comes out, including 2.07 and have had no issues what so ever.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD