DSL Rig-277 Shoulder Mount? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old July 9th, 2010, 05:35 AM   #1
New Boot

DSL Rig-277 Shoulder Mount?

Hi,

Has anyone any experience with this Indian rig? It seems like a decent rig for the price- only thing is I can't tell if there is anywhere to mount a tripod plate on it (I can't find any pictures of the bottom or reviews of the thing that talk about it).

Cheers,
Liam
Liam Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 05:36 AM   #2
New Boot

oh yea- here's a link to it:

The CineCity*::*DSLR kits & rigs*::*DSLR Kits & Rig*::*DSLR Rig-277 Shoulder Mount for canon 5d 7d d90 gh1 dslr
Liam Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #3
Major Player

I bought one of their earlier shoulder supports and it was rubbish. Too heavy with the cast iron pieces and heavy metal rods and one of the screw holes threaded and wouldn't lock. I also bought a hand held steadycam thing which was a bit better but not brilliant. I wouldn't buy anything else from them.
Old July 12th, 2010, 04:27 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Avanson View Post
I bought one of their earlier shoulder supports and it was rubbish. Too heavy with the cast iron pieces and heavy metal rods and one of the screw holes threaded and wouldn't lock. I also bought a hand held steadycam thing which was a bit better but not brilliant. I wouldn't buy anything else from them.
Neither would I! I bought a cheap little 1m crane that weighed a ton & couldn't even be assembled as some of the rods hadn't been machined correctly. They eventually sent me replacements but I never used it as it was so cumbersome & poorly finished. Just the other week I pitched it into a skip as we were having a clear out. All the other comments I have seen about their products confirm my opinion that they are very 'agricultural' in build quality & even if free wouldn't be worth the money.
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #5
Contributor

You can get a Cavision rig for the same price, or a little less.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2010, 01:42 AM   #6
Major Player

During my XL2 era, also I tried going the Indian CineCity/DV-City/WhateverShitty route -- their built quality is so bad that it all ended up as a costly affair. Caveat emptor.

-- peer

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD