Accessories for 5D mark ii? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old February 25th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Accessories for 5D mark ii?

Hi guys. Just got my mark ii body. I need help in figuring out what to get for wedding shoots. Should I get the Ikann flycam 2? I would like to attach some kind of light to the mark ii, a shotgun mic, probably external monitor, some kind of system for steadiness, and perhaps xlr inputs (beachtek). What is the best system for these accessories that will also allow my camera to be steady. I already have a merlin steadicam but don't want to be shooting on that all the time. THanks
Victor Boyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2011, 04:47 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Accessories for 5D mark ii?

Hey Victor,

Are you doing 5d2 exclusive for weddings or are you supplementing with another cam(s)? It is tricky to shoot 5d2 weddings solo. Santo from Paper Cranes does some beautiful work, with 2x5d and a 7d. Personally, I use a 5d mixed with two traditional cams though I'm moving towards full DSLR with at least two shooters.
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:20 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Re: Accessories for 5D mark ii?

I am supplementing a XH A1. I will have all my audio plugged into the XH A1. MY 5d mark ii needs a good steady system where I can attach a few accessories (monitor, focusing system, perhaps light, etc). I already have a merlin steadicam but don't want to be using it all the time. What do you guys recommend. THanks!
Victor Boyko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD