Your opinions of THIS audio (video link) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 6th, 2011, 01:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Your opinions of THIS audio (video link)

I wont tell you what method I used to uptain the audio in this short commercial because I want peoples opinions on it to be unbiased.

I literally shot this with the 5D in about a half hour with no script or anything just so I could test all this stuff out, so please be gentle. All I had in the fridge was some Sierra Nevada Beer to do this. Haha.

After I get some opinions I'll let you know how I achieved this audio.

Thanks to all!

LINK: YouTube - Sierra Nevada Beer Commercial
Danny Winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 01:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Your opinions of THIS audio (video link)

very very good for a half our proect?! There a tiny little distortion in the voice.. possibly a level too high? If your voice recorder it as a seperate track id be tempted to play with a graphics equaliser and the tune in the background.. im sure it could be made to sound better with some effects. But for a half hour project.. id be very happy?!
Old March 7th, 2011, 01:58 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for your input Michael,

I was hoping to get more opinions because I still don't know how I feel about this audio because I've heard it too much, sometimes I think it sounds fine and sometimes I think its just ok.

The truth is that I simply plugged my Rode NTG-2 directly into the camera and set the maual level just under the half way point. I'm pretty close to the results I want however I think now I will chose the Juicedlink box over the H4n. I think the Juicedlink will give me the extra warmth that I'm looking for.

I was also hoping to hear from Jon Fairhurst because he did extensive audio tests with several options for the 5D.

Is the Juicedlink going to get me where I wanna be from this point?

Thanks.
Danny Winn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #4
Trustee

I think the audio sounds fine.

One instance of being f'd by the link between the juicedlink and the camera has sent me back for the h4n, the h4n was the easiest $300 I spent since I bought the camera. It provides that safety net of recording in the device as well as in the camera, cleaner audio in the h4n than in the camera if you chose to swap it out (which I generally do not), and a device that is good for so many other things than just this - it sounds amazing.

That said, I have a juicedlink for sale if you are interested. :-)
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 06:59 PM   #5
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Watson View Post
I think the audio sounds fine.

One instance of being f'd by the link between the juicedlink and the camera has sent me back for the h4n, the h4n was the easiest $300 I spent since I bought the camera. It provides that safety net of recording in the device as well as in the camera, cleaner audio in the h4n than in the camera if you chose to swap it out (which I generally do not), and a device that is good for so many other things than just this - it sounds amazing.

That said, I have a juicedlink for sale if you are interested. :-)
Hey thanks Mike,

How did you like the sound quality of the Juicedlink up until the link got "F'd". Is it comparable to the H4n when it all works properly?

I do most of my shooting alone (with no help) so for me using the h4n would just be one more burden to have to worry about ya know.

I'm almost there with the audio in this video, so if the Juicedlink will just give me that extra little warmth that I'm looking for I'll probably just go that route while monitoring carefully the sound in the 5D with headphones.

Thanks.
Danny Winn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD