Lilliput 669GL with 5DM3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old June 25th, 2012, 05:36 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Lilliput 669GL with 5DM3

Anyone used the Lilliput 669GL (or any other inexpensive monitors) with a Mark III? I've heard good things about this with a Mark II, just wondering if there are any problems with the 3.
Jim Newberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2012, 06:13 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: Lilliput 669GL with 5DM3

no any problems, and no blackout after you push REC,
I have a few different monitors from Marshall to no name made in China and they all work with 5DIII
Old June 26th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #3
Major Player

I have a re-branded Marshall (LCD7-HDMI) but of likely Lilliput origin. Works fine with the 5D3 with just a few lags between screen. I can focus fast glass with it no problem, but the thing doesn't have good contrast or match exposure of the camera very well, so I tend to underexpose everything I shoot with it. I use the Zacuto Z-finder Pro with it most of the time, and I'm golden.
Brian Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2012, 02:50 AM   #4
Major Player

I bought the Lilliput 5D-II/O/P 7" 16:9 TFT LCD HDMI from Amazon a few weeks ago for my 5D2 and it also works well with the 5D3.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Regular Crew

If anyone uses this combination, you need to hit the "info" button on the back of the 5DM3 a few times to get a bigger image on the monitor. It doesn't quite fill the screen, but it nearly does. And there's no delay or blinking going from stanby live view mode to recording (as Buba pointed out).
Jim Newberry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD